Adult Acne - Does the Boot Fit?

It has been said that all of us has been prone to the odd zit or two at some point in our lives. This is all very good but what happens if you are constantly bombarded with spots and they never seem to go away?

Yes, this actually does happen to a lot of people and it is said that as much as 25% of all adults suffer from some form of adult acne.

Although there are many speculations to the real causes of acne in adults (as well as acne in all ages) it is also true that there are many treatments and cures. The problem is that there are so many so called cures and treatments on the market ranging from medical, natural and even psychological treatments...

So, which ones work?

Many people blame adult acne on their hormones and therefore get hormonal treatment; others prefer medical cures such as benzoyl peroxide (good for teens - but what about adults?).

Others I know swear by natural treatments and have opted for the "acne-free" info products which (in my opinion) have some of the quickest and safest results.

If you're female then it may be interesting to know that the birth control pill has been acclaimed as one of the quickest methods of clearing up adult acne - although not much good for the rest of us.

I personally used to love going on holiday as I found that using certain sun-tanning lotions (as well as the sun itself) helped my acne and cleared it up for a while - although I understand this wouldn't work for 95% of others. Perhaps I should have moved to somewhere warmer?

I have even heard it mentioned that "one should adopt" in order to stay on the birth control pill - and thus keep acne at bay! However, I am hoping this was a joke ...
 
On the other hand, adult acne can really mess with your life. I have lost count of the number of people I have spoken to or have come across in bulletin boards that tell me that acne has played a real part in their relationships. Many folk feel so self-conscious and are unable to find a partner because of how they feel about themselves and how they think others' see them.

As many of us know, this is all too often not the case at all.

So, in summing up, I would say try out a number of treatments but don't just stick to what you know or what you've been told as there are a number of treatments out there that could have your cure written all over them - all you've got to do is find the right one.

Like I said at the start - if the boot fits, wear it.
All the best,
Andy
Andy's website helps adult acne sufferers with their acne problems. Please visit the site for more information on Adult Acne.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andy_Will