Does Diet Really Affect Acne? Or Is It Just a Myth?

Diet affects everything that goes on in our bodies. Hippocrates, the father of western medicine figured that out over 2000 years ago. Here's one of his most famous quotes:

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

Make sense doesn't it? After all, we are what we eat and everything that we put in our bodies has some kind of effect on us. But how about all the people that stuff their faces with junk food and processed sugars all that and never get pimples? That's hardly a valid argument considering that no one is claiming diet is the cause of acne, only that it has an effect on it. Don't believe me? Stop eating dairy, and anything with sugar/sugar substitutes for a week to prove me wrong.

Worst types of foods for people with acne?

The big three are dairy, sugar and unhealthy fats. The list of what kinds of foods affect acne is extensive, but these three types should be the first to go or at least minimized. Do you know why? Because both dairy and sugar increase the production of pimple causing hormones, and raise blood sugar. Along with most types of fats (both animal and processed vegetable oils) stimulate your skin to create pimples.

I started eating healthy and now I breakout even more than before!

That's actually a good thing. You see if you started avoiding foods that have a negative effect on acne, your acne will decrease. But if suddenly switch to a healthy diet your system will go into a detox mode, and most of the toxins will try to get out through your skin, especially areas where you have acne. This actually happened to me when my wife got obsessed with juicing and we ended up drinking two to four glasses of fresh vegetable juice every day. I started breaking out like crazy, but after a few weeks it subsided. My recommendation would be to start slowly or learn the proper way of detoxification before changing your whole diet.

Here's a great juice recipe for people suffering from acne or even other skin problems.

4 parts carrot juice, 1 part cumbers juice, 1 part lettuce juice

Best foods for the fight against acne?

Foods high in antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, chromium and selenium are great in the fight against acne.

Some of the tops foods include beans, broccoli, spinach, sweet potato and sweet peppers
Hi, my name is Dariusz and I suffered from acne since I was 11 years old. This went on up until my 25 birthday when I finally decided stop prescription medication and go all natural! If you also want to learn natural ways of getting rid of acne please visit my site at http://naturalwaysofgettingridofacne.com/ or Click Here and signup for a FREE guide.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dariusz_Dener